In this contest, what I'm asking you to do is match wits with me, because you have to try to ascertain what I was thinking when I created each of the 30 participating images. No mean feat, but I'm sure I'll receive some amazingly ingenious, artful and clever answers. Some that will make me smile because I'll wish I'd thought of them. Given that there are 30 images to name, I've divided the contest into three sets of 10 images each. The winners of each set will vie for a pair of 24 x 36 inch giclées of the Rane paintings depicted at the bottom of this page. I'll get you started with a hint. The hieroglyphs in the balloon image directly below, say roughly, May luminous eternity whose soul is a thousand stars, embrace you. So what is the title? You name it, and bonne chance.
1) One entry per person. Email only, no attachments.
2) The first person to correctly name all 10 images in each set will move on to the final round which will consist of a single image to name. The first person to correctly name this image will win the pair of giclées.
3) If no one succeeds in correctly naming the images by the deadline for each set, then the top two entrants for each set will be given hints which I will publish on this page, until all 10 images are named correctly by one of the two entrants. That entrant will move onto the final round.
4) The winner of each set will receive a surprise gift valued at between $150 and $300CND.
5) The name and city of the winner and/or runners-up will be published on RayandaArts.com.
6) Deadline for entries for the first set of 10 images: Still open.
7) The 10 You Name It [I] images are located throughout RayandaArts.com.